REASONS TO CHOOSE ALCROFT HOMES
With the knowledge and training of all our staff Alcroft Homes now has a standard of ERS80 through the natural resources Canada government EnerGuide rating system, which EnerGuide proves the quality of construction and materials used constructing your home. Currently code starts at ERS65 and most do not know that codes are changing. We currently are the only builders in the Grande Prairie area who use this home modeling and testing for all our homes. Soon it will be mandatory for all builders with the goal of reaching ERS80. Alcroft custom homes has achieved the ERS86 level of energy efficiency and with us ERS100 is achievable.
Click picture for larger view
10 More Reasons to Choose Us
- Our homes come standard with an Energuide rating system through Natural Resources Canada. We have built and will continue to build the most high Energuide rated homes in the Peace Country. All our homes come standard with a blower door test to ensure quality of construction and air tightness measured in a 50KPA a test that is like having a 25 KM hour wind against your home . A normal code built home will exchange the entire volume of air 6-10 times per hour during that test. The R2000 building program has a minimum requirement of 1.5 ACH (Air Changes per Hour) to meet. All of our homes consistently meet 1.0 ACH or lower with our current best being .29 ACH. This is a true testament to our craftsman who build, the materials we use and the knowledge on Building Better Homes.
Check out our new "products page" from more options we can offer for your new home.
- Our homes use a insulated concrete form that has a higher R value than standard ICF Blocks for our basement in ground construction.
- Our homes come standard with Structural insulated with closed cell foam structural panels for exterior walls, they are 3 times stronger than conventional stick framed construction, have less thermal bridging, are one of the most air tight building systems, have the best quality providing squarer and straighter construction, have a faster build time.
- Our homes come standard with the most cost effective best performing longest warranted tri-pane windows available.
- Our homes come standard with fibreglass exterior doors providing a higher R value stronger door.
- Closed cell foam under our basement floor is necessary not just as an insulator but also to provide a true thermal break which results in a warmer basement in the winter and a cooler basement in the summer.
- Using standard vapor barrier and blow-in insulation is basic code. The issue is that it does not give you a true thermal break, we recommend above average construction.
- We use the right equipment. The tested and documented fact is that the higher Energuide rated home, the more air tighter it is the less your home demands for heating and cooling. We size your mechanical equipment right.
- Our Mechanical equipment options - We offer the best heating systems for your home, talk to us about the options that are best for you home.
- Our Electricity options - We have the experience to keep you informed for Solar (PV) systems.
- BONUS*** We now have a great designing team to help you in design function and decor for your new one of a kind home built for you and your family.
According to a report published by the Canadian Home Builders Association in December 2007, an ERS80 home uses 50 per cent less energy than a ERS67 home and moving further up , an ERS86 structure saves an additional 50 per cent over the ERS80 rating. The Natural Resources Canada web site states currently that a one-point improvement on the EnerGuide rating scale typically reduces your home's energy consumption by 3 to 5 per cent. To be conservative our homes can save you over 50% in your energy consumption compared to a standard code built home.